1. EVENTBOOST DESCRIPTION
1.1. Eventboost provides an integrated web and tablet guest management platform enabling Users (as defined below) to create, manage and promote their events. Eventboost, through its control panel accessible via web by Users, allows to:
- create an event in few clicks, following the simple instructions provided on the Site;
- manage and customize invitations, confirmations, messages and related event registration pages;
- import the lists of invitees and monitor the progress of the registration process and attendance at the Event;
- configure and customize the badges for the event;
- promote the event through social networks interaction and send communications to participants;
- manage the check-in process at the event through the Eventboost application for tablets and smartphones;
- analyze the performances of the Event;
- keep in touch with the participants after the conclusion of the event.
1.2. Eventboost is owned and operated by Eventboost SA, registration number 501.3.018.972-3 and VAT number CHE-177.500.574 VAT, with registered office in Corso San Gottardo 14, CH-6830 Chiasso, Switzerland, email@example.com.
2. PURPOSE AND DEFINITIONS
2.2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, by:
- “Consumer” or “Consumers” mean a person who uses the services of Eventboost for purposes not related to business, commercial, craft or profession;
- “Event” or “Events“: the event / events created by Users through Eventboost services;
- “Online Form” means the registration form available on the web page https://store.eventboost.com to be completed by the User to access the Services of Eventboost;
- “Services” means any service, including the Software, provided by Eventboost through the Site;
- “Site” means the website owned and operated by Eventboost accessible at www.eventboost.com (including all web pages, sub-domains and sub-parts therein);
- “Software” means the software available on the Website or otherwise provided by Eventboost, including Eventboost applications for tablets and smartphones;
- “User” or “Users“: the user or users who purchase and use the Services of Eventboost.
4.1. With the exact fulfillment of the obligations referred to in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, Users can make use of the following services offered by Eventboost:
- Single Event Small: allows Users to organize and manage a single event over a period of one calendar year starting from the time of subscription, with a maximum of 200 invitees, and entitles to two thousand five hundred (2,500) email included.
- Single Event Regular: allows Users to organize and manage a single event over a period of one calendar year starting from the time of subscription, with unlimited invitees, and entitles to five thousand (5,000) email included.
- Annual Subscription Standard: allows Users to organize and manage an unlimited number of events over a period of one calendar year starting from the time of subscription; thirty thousand (30,000) emails are included in the price.
- Annual Subscription Enterprise: allows Users to organize and manage, in White Label mode, an unlimited number of events over a period of a quarter starting from the time of subscription; fifty thousand (50,000) emails are included in the price.
4.2. The detailed description and the full capabilities of the Services and their prices are available at www.eventboost.com.
4.3. Eventboost may, from time to time, modify the Services and add, modify or remove features or functionality from the Services. In the event that the amendment to the Services determine the changes to the prices, Eventboost will communicate these changes to users who will have a grace period of thirty (30) days in order to cancel his/her subscription at no charge, by sending an email to the following address – firstname.lastname@example.org – or a certified letter to Eventboost SA, Corso San Gottardo 14, CH-6830 Chiasso, Switzerland. In absence of such notification, the changes, updates and/or changes to the Services or their prices will be considered accepted.
5. OBLIGATIONS OF USERS
5.1. By registering through the Site, or using Eventboost Services, Users agree to, and undertake to comply with, these Terms and Conditions.
5.2. Users agree to pay the price of the services provided through the method of payment permitted on the Site in connection with the Services selected and comply with the obligations listed below.
5.3. The User shall:
- Provide true and complete information about himself/herself as required by the on-line registration Form;
- Conserve diligently the provided password to access his/her account, of which security and privacy, the User is solely responsible. If the Users suspects an unauthorized access to their account by third parties, the user is asked to immediately contact Eventboost at the following email address email@example.com and change their password as soon as possible. Eventboost assumes no responsibility for any damage resulting from the non-diligent custody of the password and users account;
- Not transmit or induce others to transmit, upload, or otherwise make available through the Site any content (i) that is unlawful, defamatory, or damaging another’s privacy or third parties rights; (ii) that is false, inaccurate or misleading or otherwise damage the rights of consumers; or (iii) that constitute infringement of patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties;
- Use the Services in accordance with applicable law;
- Not transmit, upload, or otherwise make available viruses, advertisements, promotional materials unsolicited or unauthorized, including all forms of spam;
- declare to have received from each and all contacts/invitees uploaded to the platform express consent for receiving information by the User and any consent and permission required by the law from time to time applicable;
- Not modify or alter the Services and not cause any harm to their integrity;
- Not use the services in a different way than the one they were intended to;
- Outside the cases expressly permitted not rent, loan, resell, sublicense or otherwise distribute the Services; not use the Services to provide or make operational marketing services, training and outsourcing or consulting, or to develop a product that competes with the Services; not allow any third party to access or use the Services without the written permission of Eventboost.
5.4. The User is and shall remain solely responsible for the processing of the personal data of the attendees, the invitees and guests to his/her events and with respect to any information, materials, advertising, image or other content transmitted to the invitees, to registrants and invitees to events through Services before, during and after the execution of the Events themselves.
5.5. Eventboost may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any User who abuses or improperly uses the Services. The closing of an account on Eventboost determines the loss of the access to Services.
6. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
6.1. Eventboost can, on request, and for a separate price at its sole discretion, provide additional services to the User beyond the functionality of the Site, including, but not limited to, the rent of Tablet or other terminals for check-in and other equipment, the provision of consultants and staff to assist the user in the date of his/her event and the provision of dedicated account management.
6.2. All additional services, provided before, during or after the User event, will be considered part of the Services and subject to all this Terms and Conditions unless otherwise expressly waived by specific contracts relating to these additional services.
7.1. The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other Web sites or Internet resources. Since Eventboost has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Eventboost is not responsible for such websites and resources and assumes no liability and is not responsible or obligated for any Content, advertising, product, service or other materials that are on such websites or resources.
7.2. You acknowledge and agree that Eventboost is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance on such Content, advertising, products, services or other material available on or through any such sites or resources.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
8.1. The Site, Services and related software are owned and operated by Eventboost. All rights and intellectual property rights in the Site, the Services and the related software are and will remain Eventboost’s and/or its licensors’ property.
8.2. With these Terms and Conditions Eventboost grants Users a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the Software only for the use of the Services. The User shall have no right to modify, adapt, or convert the Software or create derivative works of the Software, except configure the Software through menus, options and tools provided for such purposes and contained in the Services. Except when permette by the law, it is prohibited any activity of reverse engineering and any extrapolation of the source code of the Software. If You want to exercise rights of reverse engineering in order to ensure interoperability in accordance with applicable law, the User will inform Eventboost in writing and allow Eventboost, at its discretion, to make an offer to provide the information and the support for a price that will be mutually agreed between the parties.
8.3. The name “Eventboost”, the domain name eventboost.com, trademarks, logos and other distinguishing marks used in connection with the Services are property of Eventboost or its licensors. Eventboost allows the User to use such marks, logos and other distinguishing marks that include the word “Eventboost” to refer exclusively to the use of the Services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions hereby. Any use of the name “Eventboost” of related marks, logos and other distinguishing different and additional to that provided in this clause shall be expressly authorized in writing by Eventboost.
8.4. Users are the only holders of any data, material, information provided to Eventboost in connection with the use of the Services. Users are responsible of any content provided to Eventboost and any activity related to his/her own account. Users, for the duration of the contract with Eventboost, grant Eventboost the non-exclusive, transferable, valid worldwide right to reproduce, modify, publish or otherwise use any content provided in connection with their use of the Services as described in these Terms and Conditions.
9. TERM AND TERMINATION
9.1. These Terms and Conditions shall take effect from the payment of the price for the use of the Services and will remain valid for a period of twelve (12) months. The contract between Eventboost and the User will be renewed for a similar period under the same terms and conditions unless canceled in written, by either party, with a notification to be sent, to the other party at least one month before the deadline. Each Party shall have the right to terminate the contract at any time upon thirty (30) days.
10.1. Users qualified as Consumers have the right to cancel the contract without penalty and without specifying the reason, within fourteen (14) days of the completion of the registration process through the Site, by sending a clear statement at the headquarters of Eventboost by mail, fax or email (for this purpose, you can use the withdrawal form available on our website). Eventboost will refund the payments received by Consumers no later than fourteen (14) days after the notification stating the terination of the contract. If the consumer has requested to begin the performance of services during the withdrawal period indicated above, the Consumer shall pay an amount proportional to what is provided until the time of communication, by the Consumer, of the termination of the contract.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
11.1. Eventboost does not guarantee that the operation of the Site or the Services will be uninterrupted or flawless.
11.2. The User expressly acknowledges that Eventboost is not responsible for the actions, content, information data of the Users or third parties, and agrees to indemnify Eventboost, its affiliates, its directors, employees and agents from any claim, complaint, request for damages related to the content, actions, information or third-party data.
11.3. Eventboost will never be liable or responsible for the consequences arising from the breach by the Users of the obligations set out in Section 5 above, including violation of the law applicable to the processing of personal data of the attendees, of registrants and invitees in the Events (including disclosure requirements and consent to the processing of such data), in which the Users are data controllers. Users agree to indemnify Eventboost from any and all liability arising from the breach by the User, of these Terms and Conditions, including any infringement of the rules applicable to the processing of personal data of the attendees, the registrants and invitees of the Events.
11.4. Eventboost does not produce or organize events. Therefore, any form of direct or indirect responsibility related to the events will be sole responsibility of the organizers or attendees of the Events.
11.5. None of the provisions in these Terms and Conditions imply that Eventboost may be regarded as held obliged to perform any surveillance activity on the information stored or transmitted, or to actively seek facts or circumstances indicating the presence of legally or contractually illicit activities. In any case the rights of Eventboost recognized under Community law and national legislation are granted at any time.
11.6. Users acknowledge that Eventboost does not control the Contents provided by Users or any third party in connection with the Services, but that Eventboost, and its designees, shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to (i) monitor, alter, modify, or remove any User Content, in whole or in part, and/or (ii) cancel and terminate Users’ right to use the Services at any time (with or without notice) for any or no reason.
11.7. Users acknowledge and agree that Eventboost can keep User Content and may also disclose it for any reason, including, for example, but not limited to any requirement by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure are reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with a judicial proceeding; (b) enforce these Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any User Content violates the rights of third parties; and/or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Eventboost, its users and/or the public audience.
12. GENERAL CLAUSES
12.1. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions are governed by Swiss law and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Switzerland, with the exclusion of the rules of private international law that may apply. Any dispute arising from the interpretation, validity or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions or arising between Eventboost and Users, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and binding of the Court of Lugano.
12.2. ADR. Users classified as Consumers have the right to promote alternative dispute resolution concerning the ratio of consumption where provided by applicable laws.
12.3. Additions and changes. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and replace all prior or contemporary conditions, statement or representation, whether oral or written, concerning the matter. Eventboost expressly reserves the right to amend or add to these Terms and Conditions, and any changes or additions to the same will be published on the site. Users will be bound by such modifications or additions after their publication on the Site, except the right to terminate the contract with Eventboost with notice of thirty (30) days to be sent via email to the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – or certified mail to Eventboost SA, Corso San Gottardo 14, CH-6830 Chiasso, Switzerland. In absence of such notification, the changes to these Terms and Conditions shall be considered valid and accepted.
12.4. Assignment. These Terms and Conditions and any rights and obligations hereby considered may not be assigned to others by users without the prior written consent of Eventboost.
12.5. Conservation. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision shall be modified to make it effective or otherwise eliminated and shall not affect the validity of any remaining provisions.
12.6. Communications. For any information and assistance regarding the Services or use of the Site, you should contact Eventboost at the following email address: email@example.com.
Chiasso, October 25th, 2018